Terms and Conditions
In-house Computer Repairs
We accept devices and computers in our workshop located at 349 King Street, London W 9NH for repair under the following terms:
You will be asked to read and sign some of these terms at our counter when you present your equipment for repair.
- You must check the accuracy all the details on the receipt that will be provided to you as mistakes may lead to longer working times. In particular please check that we have listed the faults fully and accurately and that your contact telephone numbers are correct. Faults conveyed verbally to the booking engineer or faults conveyed verbally over the telephone, or by email or by any other form of communication will not be dealt with unless they are expressly written on the booking in receipt that you will be asked to sign.
This is important because depending on the fault we will only investigate and repair the fault that you have stipulated on our form.
- All our labour is guaranteed for 75 days from the date of your invoice. Supplied parts will carry different lengths of warranty. Some small parts may not come with any warranty. The warranty covers the repair that was carried out and does not cover faults not stipulated on our equipment receipt
- Work can take on average up to 10 working days. Sometimes we have to order parts in from the United States, Europe or the Far East and delivery of these parts along with customs intervention can often lead to longer lead times. We will always try to obtain parts as quickly as possible and we will always try to advise you in advance of the expected arrival date of the part that has been ordered for your repair. Health checks can take 2-3 days to do a complete check.
- Work up to the value of £120 including VAT for PC’s and £150 for Apple equipment will be carried out without further consultation to you. This allows us to diagnose, repair and test the fault. This does not mean that your repair will cost this much but it allows us to repair your computer for a reasonable price without the need to charge a diagnosis fee.
- Authorisation for work over £120/150 will be sought from you. If your repair is going to cost more than £120/£150 we will seek your permission before carrying on with the repair. If you decide not to go ahead with the repair then no charge will be made for any work carried out up to that time and your computer will be re-assembled and will be made available for collection…
- We endeavour to back-all data prior to commencing work however we are not liable for data loss. If we feel your data is at risk then we will back your data up as a precaution. A charge may be added to bill to cover the labour. Computers come in in different levels of serviceability and we are not able to assess whether your data is fully intact or not. If you feel that your data is at risk you can request a backup to be carried out.
- We offer a No Fix No Fee service. That means that if we cannot fix your computer for whatever reason or if we feel that it Beyond Economical Repair then we will advise you of this and you will not be charged for any of the work carried out up to that point unless you ask us to carry on or carry out other work on your behalf.
- Please ensure that you bring your equipment receipt with you when you collect your equipment. We provide you with a paper copy and an electronic receipt is sent to the mobile phone number that you provided us with. If you do not bring your receipt either paper or electronic then we will ask for two forms of ID. The first must be photo with your address that you booked your equipment in on and the other any recognised ID.
- Your email address will be added to our mailing list. It is easy to opt out if you so wish.
Visits to your premises
If you call us out then the following terms apply.
If your post code begins with W4 or W6 we consider this to be our home postcode and the minimum charge is one hour at the rate in force at the time. If you are outside of these postcodes then the minimum charge is two hours at the rate in force at the time. We do not charge a call out fee nor do we charge travelling time. For the first two hours of the booking you will be charged per hour or part therefore. For longer bookings you will be charged in 30 minute segments. As an example:
1 hour booking in our home postcode you will be charged 1 hour
1 hour booking outside our home postcode you will be charged for 2 hours
A 2 hour 20 minute booking in either postcode will be charged at 2.5 hours
A 2 hour 50 minute booking in either postcode will be charged at 3 hours
Our Complaints Policy
We always endeavour to provide the best service and products for our customers. However, on rare occasions, we recognise that there may be times where our customers may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we are able to put things rights as soon as we can, please read our complaints procedure below and we will respond promptly to ensure complete satisfaction.
As soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out to our usual high standards.
In the unlikely event there is anything you are not completely satisfied with, please contact us as soon as you can in order that we can rectify any problems as soon as possible. Either call us on 02089125791 , or write to us 349 King Street, Hammersmith, London W6 9NH, or email us at [email protected] and we aim to respond within 7 days of receiving your complaint and where possible, will provide you with a date to remedy any issues raised.
Where we are unable to resolve your complaint using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted trader we use Ombudsman Services Ltd for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event that we cannot remedy your complaint to your satisfaction you may wish to refer your complaint to them. If you wish to do so please contact Which? Trusted traders in the first instance on 0117 981 2929.
Settlement of our invoices
For repairs carried out in our workshop you will be asked to pay upon collection.
For visits to your home or office you will be invoiced after the job has been completed.
Our invoice terms are as follows:
Invoices must be paid within 14 days of the date of the invoice
A reasonable administration fee will be charged for late payment.Chasing up unpaid invoices is a time consuming business and to ensure that you are not charged for late payment we recommend you pay your invoice within the 14 day settlement period allowed.
You can pay your invoice In a variety of ways
By returning a cheque payable to Chiswick Computers to the address on the invoice along with either a copy of the invoice or the invoice number on the back of your cheque
By telephoning our offices during normal working hours and paying by credit or debit card over the phone. Please have the invoice with you when making the call
By electronic bank transfer to:
Account Name: First Computer Training
Sort Code: 40-45-08
Account Number: 51809458
Please use the invoice number as the reference
Credit Card Surcharge
Since the 1st January 2016 our merchant services provider has significantly increased our charges for payment by any type of credit or debit card.
In exceptional circumstances these fees which range between 0.55% and 3.76% with an additional fee of 0.3% added if you pay over the phone will be added to your invoice as a separate item.
If we purchase equipment on your behalf then we reserve the right to add this charge to your invoice.
We do not add the credit card surcharge for:
Home or Office premises
We reserve the right to add the Credit Card Surcharge if we purchase on your behalf:
Any type of computer equipment including but not limited to:
The exact amount of the Credit Card Surcharge will depend on the amount of the purchase and the type of card that you present for payment.
For clarification of the exact charge that may be applied to your purchase please speak to either the business owner or the accounts staff.